These days, there are more options than ever to get a straighter smile. While it’s great to have different choices, it can be hard to decide which option is best for you. Luckily, our team at Edgewater Dental Arts is happy to help. We’ve put together the following list of pros and cons of Invisalign for teens and adults so patients in the Annapolis area can make an informed decision.
The Pros of Invisalign
- Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic aligners to straighten your teeth over time. The aligners snap snugly over your teeth and allow you to go about your daily routine normally, with no disruption to your appearance!
- Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign aligners are designed to be taken off in a snap. You’ll remove them while you eat, and during brushing and flossing. You can also avoid wearing them for special events. Generally, you’ll wear the aligners for around 22 hours each day—including while you sleep!
- Most patients wear Invisalign for between 12 and 18 months. This is shorter than the average time patients spend in conventional metal braces.
- Invisalign is a versatile treatment that can fix a variety of orthodontic issues like gaps, overcrowding, misalignment, and more!
The Cons of Invisalign
- While Invisalign works great for many patients, there are some cases where more serious treatment is needed. In those cases, traditional metal braces may be the better option.
- Some patients find it annoying to have to remove Invisalign aligners in order to eat. If that sounds like something that might bother you, you may be better suited to conventional metal braces or a more permanent orthodontic solution.
- Invisalign aligners are often more expensive than other orthodontic options. If cost is an issue for you, our team will work with you to discuss other options that may fit your budget.
Schedule an Invisalign Consultation Today!
If you’ve been considering using Invisalign to straighten your smile, your first step is a consultation with us. To ask our team any questions or to schedule an appointment, call our office today!