It’s safe to get your teeth cleaned during COVID-19 as long as everyone takes precautions. To comply with guidelines outlined by the American Dental Association and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, we have implemented a few practices to ensure everyone’s safety.
New Check-In System
Instead of walking into our lobby when you arrive, please wait outside and call or text our front desk to let us know that you are here. We will let you know when we are ready for you to come in. Then one of our hygienists will escort you to your treatment room.
We have taken this precaution to avoid people congregating in our waiting area and encourage social distancing.
Adjustments to Our Office Environment
There are several small adjustments to our office environment to ensure safety. These include:
- Staggering appointment times to reduce the number of people in the building
- Our team will wear various levels of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Our patients will wear face masks when they come in
- Removing reading material and other items from our waiting area to prevent cross-contamination
- Limiting the number of people that can come in for each appointment (For example, we ask that only one parent accompanies children)
Additional Disinfection Methods
On top of the usual cleaning of our office and equipment, we are enhancing our disinfection process. We clean common surface areas continuously, and we ask patients to rinse their mouths with hydrogen peroxide before treatments to reduce potential airborne virus particles.
We also have an air purification system that circulates and filters the air throughout the building.
Edgewater Dental Arts are open to patients for non-emergency situations. We’ve taken extra precautions to ensure that you and our staff can interact safely. We appreciate your cooperation, and we look forward to taking care of your smile. Please contact us today to schedule an appointment.